Referring a Patient to Liver Specialists of Texas
For physicians referring new patients to our practice, we have conveniently attached a New Patient Referral Form, which can be downloaded, filled out, and faxed back to our office. We have included a fax cover sheet for ease of return.
Our hope is that this form will streamline the process of referring new patients. Our goal is to make referrals to our practice hassel free.
We realize that many of our new patient referrals have complex liver and medical problems, and need urgent care, and thus expidited appointments. We need to hear from you if appointments are URGENT. We have the ability to accomodate these patients within 24 hours of the first call to us.
Call our staff at 713-794-0700 to make an appointment.
When calling, clearly state that the patient needs an urgent appointment. This may be related to the following problems, including:
- Recent complication of cirrhosis including bleeding esophageal varices
- Alcoholic hepatitis
- Alcoholic liver disease
- Ascites and or spontaneous bacterial peritonitis (SBP)
- Newly diagnosed liver cancer (hepatoma) or other liver tumor/malignancy
- Hepatic encephalopathy
- Recent hospitalization for a liver related complication
- Need for liver transplant evaluation
- Refractory ascites
- Consideration for TIPSS
- Severe protein-calorie malnutrition
- Other clinical concers you have not mentioned here
Thank you for referring your patient to Liver Specialists of Texas!