Dr. Joe Galati shares his DOWNLOADABLE TOP 10 LIST FOR A HEALTHY LIVER.
Dr. Joe Galati’s Top-Ten Tips for a Healthy Liver
- Limit your alcohol intake – men should not consume more than 2 alcoholic beverages/day and women no more than 1 alcoholic beverage/day. Note: beer/wine/spirit are all the same regarding alcohol content.
- Maintain a healthy weight. If overweight or obese, try and lose a minimum of 10% of your body weight now.
- Exercise regularly and attempt to complete 10,000 steps/day.
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol) is potentially toxic to your liver. Never take more than the recommended dose and avoid taking it if you have been consuming alcohol.
- If you have ever been told your liver tests in your blood have been elevated, regardless of the results, you need to have a comprehensive evaluation. Talk with your doctor.
- Get vaccinated for hepatitis A and hepatitis B.
- If you have been told you have a “fatty liver” you are at risk for more serious liver problems – even cirrhosis. Make plans for a complete evaluation.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables and exclude all processed foods. Avoid foods that come in a can, box, or bad.
- Make sure you consume between 35-40 grams of dietary fiber each day.
- Beware of herbal supplements and other “natural” products that claim to cleanse or protect the liver. These are unregulated products and claims that can lead to serious, even fatal complications.
For more information, you can reach Dr. Galati and the Liver Specialists of Texas team by calling 713-794-0700, or visiting www.texasliver.com.
Take a look at each of the ten points, and see what you need to do for yourself. Share this list with all of your friends and family members. #Liverdisease is more common than we all think. Sharing this with them may save their life.
We suggest you print out the TOP 10 TIPS and post it where everyone at home or work can see it. These daily reminders are what works best to make a change.
Make sure you follow Dr. Galati and the Liver Specialists of Texas team on-line through all of their #socialmedia resources.
Liver Specialists of Texas: www.texasliver.com
Your Health First: www.yourhealthfirst.com
Dr. Joe Galati/Eating Yourself Sick: www.drjoegalati.com
Dr. Joe Galati Podcast: https://shows.acast.com/the-dr-joe-galati-podcast/
Dr. Joe Galati Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/drjoegalati/
Mixcloud (older site): https://www.mixcloud.com/YourHealthFirst/
YouTube site: https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasLiverdotcom