HALFLYTELY BOWEL PREP INSTRUCTIONS
NOTE: Before beginning the following steps, have your prescription for Halflytely® filled.
THE DAY BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE:
*Make sure to take the Bisacodyl tablets at 10a.m. then wait 6 hours to start Halflytely®
*CLEAR LIQUIDS ONLY, ALL DAY BEFORE PROCEDURE.
Clear liquids include black coffee or tea, clear fruit juices (apple or white grape), broth or bouillon, non-red gelatin dessert, Sprite, Gatorade and Ginger ale.
1. In the morning, after a clear liquid breakfast, prepare your Halflytely® solution according to the instructions on the package and refrigerate.
2. Have a clear liquid lunch.
3. By 10 a.m. – Begin by taking the 2 time released Bisacodyl tablets provided in the prep kit box.
4. At 4 p.m. – begin drinking Halflytely® as instructed – 8 oz. every 10-15 minutes until the bottle is empty. (Rapidly drinking a glassful is better than sipping an ounce or two at a time).
•You will have consumed several glassfuls before having the first loose, watery bowel movement.
•Initially, you may feel slightly bloated, but will become more comfortable as you continue to have bowel movements.
5. You can drink clear liquids up until midnight.
6. Do not eat anything after midnight, until after your procedure.
THE DAY OF THE PROCEDURE:
1. Hold your morning medicines until after the procedure.
2. Please wear comfortable clothes, leave your valuables at home.
3. Remember to come to your appointment with a responsible adult who is able to drive you home after you are released from your procedure.
In order to have a good diagnostic result, it is very important to follow these instructions. If you fail to follow these instructions there may be a need to reschedule your colonoscopy.
LIVER SPECIALIST OF TEXAS
TEL (713) 794-0700 FAX (713) 794-0610